Have you ever had one of those days where you wake up on the wrong side of the bed and your whole day is ruined? I sure have. Today was one of those days. If you know me, either personally or through my blog, you know that I am a very upbeat, positive, optimistic person. Even in the face of adversity, I can see the positive. Call it a gift, a curse, whatever you wish. I LOVE my outlook. Most days. Today wasn’t one of them. And I’m okay with it.
I haven’t been sleeping well as of late. Even worse than normal. Could be this cold/stuffy nose/coughing thing I have going on. Could be my current employment status. Could be a million different things. Regardless…I have not been praying to St. Mattress lately and o-dark-thirty and I are becoming close friends. You know that butt-crack of dawn time of the morning people talk about? I’ve seen it…more than once. I could probably say that this is the reason I woke up on the wrong side of the bed today. Regardless, we all have days when we’d rather not put one toe on the ground let alone peek out from under the covers. Life is like that. Sometimes we get twisted. Sometimes we stay twisted. I haven’t put too much effort into trying to figure out why I’m twisted today. Honestly, I don’t care. I’m not going to stay twisted. It’s not healthy for me — or you either for that matter. Tomorrow is a brand new day and I get a brand new start.
My dear reader, please allow me to share with you what I have discovered during this current state of “twistedness.”
1. Just because I’m miserable, I don’t have to make the people around me miserable.
2. It’s okay to be twisted. It’s how long I allow myself to be this way that is the issue.
3. It’s okay to laugh when I feel like this. Laughter is good for the soul.
4. No matter how sorry I feel for myself, there is always someone (and probably more than one someone) who is worse off than I am.
5. Sweatpants, a sweatshirt, sneakers and no make up is appropriate attire in public.
Tomorrow will be better than today. I know it will because I WILL MAKE IT BETTER!!
Until Next Time,